Join Us as a Personal Support Worker
We care for you, so you can care for others.
You belong at Circle of Care.
For more than 40 years, Circle of Care has earned a reputation as a home care provider of choice and a preferred employer. We recognize the major role Personal Support Workers play in helping older adults live independently at home. A career at Circle of Care provides you with a chance to directly improve the health and quality of life of older adults in your community. And every step along the way we are there to support you.
Hear from Emily about what it’s like to work at Circle of Care
Do you want to learn more about what it’s like to work as a Personal Support Worker at Circle of Care? Emily shares information on what client visits are like, what challenges she faces, and gives advice to new PSWs entering the field.
As a Circle of Care PSW, you will receive…
At Circle of Care, you will earn a competitive hourly wage. You will also be eligible for an increase in wages with years’ experience with us.
Health & Dental Benefits
You are eligible to enroll in a comprehensive health and dental benefits program for full-time staff that includes family coverage. Enrolment and eligibility are based on meeting full-time status requirements.
Sense of Community
You will have the opportunity to connect with your fellow PSWs during virtual events, team meetings and social events. You will also receive support through our New Hire Support Forum. And you’ll stay up to date with important information with our weekly digital newsletter, Inside the Circle.
At Circle of Care, your excellent work gets celebrated! Through our rewards-based digital platform called Applause, our PSWs are recognized and celebrated for going above and beyond their roles to provide exceptional care and support to our clients and their families.
At Circle of Care, feel confident from day one. Learn all about your new role during your Orientation with us. Once you are out in the community working with clients, you will continue to have learning opportunities through in-person and online training.
- Up to 65% TTC Pass reimbursement
- Employee discount programs
- Agency mobile device for scheduling and communication
- Mental health support
Circle of Care requires our Personal Support Workers to be available at least one day every other weekend. All weekend hours worked earn an additional $0.50 premium per hour. Having extensive weekend availability increases the likelihood we can assign you to regular clients. This allows us to provide you a regular and reliable schedule!
Our Ideal Candidate
As a PSW you understand your clients are dealing with illness or frailty, and simple tasks can be challenging for them. You want to help make their daily routine more manageable. Your job involves providing support to seniors living in their homes and by assisting with personal care (i.e. grooming, bathing, dressing, and toileting), meal preparation, light housekeeping, and socialization and emotional support. You are comfortable travelling to and from client’s homes throughout the day. You take pride and fulfillment from the excellent care you provide to clients and the professional relationships you build with them and their caregivers. You enjoy collaborating with a multi-disciplinary Circle of Care team including Service Coordinator and Client Services Supervisor.
You have one of the following:
- Personal Support Worker certificate from a curriculum approved by the Ministry of Colleges and Universities or Ministry of Education OR
- Developmental Support Worker (DSW) Certification OR
- RN/RPN student with a minimum successful completion of year one of school OR
- Foreign-trained Registered Nurse, Registered Practical Nurse, Midwife or Physician
We also accept candidates from the following educational backgrounds:
- Home Support Worker, Home Support Worker (Level II or Level III) Certification OR
- Health Care Aide or Personal Attendant PA+2 OR
- Registered Nurse (RN)/Registered Practical Nurse (RPN)/Paramedic Certificate OR
- Physiotherapy Assistant/Occupational Therapy Assistant/Communications Disorder Assistant Certificate from a recognized community college OR
- is registered with and/or successfully completed the Certification exam required to register with the Ontario Association of Child and Youth Care (OACYC); OR
- Foreign-trained Paramedic, Physiotherapist, Occupational Therapist, Speech Language Pathologist, Social Worker, Dietician
In addition, we require the following criteria from ALL our candidates:
- Current Immunization Records
- Current First Aid/CPR Certificate
- Fluency in both verbal and written English (additional languages i.e. Russian, Mandarin, Cantonese, Tamil, French, Italian, or Spanish are considered an asset)
- Extensive weekend availability is considered a strong asset
Learn More about our PSW Role
Hear from members of our Circle of Care hiring team about what it takes to be a PSW, some information about the hiring process, and opportunities PSWs have to grow their career after joining our team.
Tara, shares with Windmill Microlending the top three skills you can develop working as a Personal Support Worker (PSW) in a homecare environment. To learn more, click on the video below!
Celebrating our PSWs through Recognition and Education
Are you interested in working with us?
Circle of Care is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees, volunteers and clients feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential. Circle of Care is a scent-free environment. All employees, volunteers and visitors are expected to refrain from wearing or using scented products while visiting our office or working in the client’s home. We are committed to an environment that is barrier free. If you require accommodation, please inform us in advance. We thank you for your interest in Circle of Care. Only applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted.