Interested in caregiver respite?
Our program specialists will answer your questions and help you get started.
Book a Phone Appointment Now
About Caregiver Respite
Being a caregiver can be overwhelming, especially during the pandemic. As someone you love begins to depend more on you, you may find yourself caring for the day-to-day needs of your loved one. It can be very challenging to balance this with your other responsibilities. If it becomes overwhelming, we can provide help with respite care:
- Our Personal Support Workers can provide your loved one with support, including bathing, grooming and toileting, as well as light housekeeping and laundry, and shopping or meal preparation.
- Our Adult Day Program (located near Bathurst & Rutherford) provides care to clients who are living with dementias such as Alzheimer’s disease and supports their caregivers as well.
- Our volunteer-run hospice care program provides emotional support, companionship, and respite for those caring for a loved one who is dying through in-home visits, phone calls, and video chats.
- We also offer support groups for caregivers to discuss common issues and feelings, learn coping strategies, and find out about community resources.
Our service area for Personal Support & Respite Care runs from Steeles Ave to Bloor-Danforth, and from the 427 to the Scarborough-Pickering Townline.
- Flexible personal support services, 7 days a week, 24 hours a day
- Access to 24-hour support
- Sensitivity in responding to diverse cultures, languages and religions
- Specialized services for dementia, mental health and end-of-life care
- Subsidized rates
- Service across the Greater Toronto Area and southern York Region
What Our Clients Are Saying
“My mother’s Personal Support Worker has given me so much professional advice around care, which has really helped to make my mother’s condition easier to care for. She is extremely professional and provides exceptional care above and beyond her role. She has made my life so much easier!”