What is COVID-19?
The 2019 novel coronavirus (COVID-19) causes a respiratory infection that originated in Wuhan, China.
Symptoms range from mild – like the flu and other common respiratory infections – to severe.
The most common symptoms include:
- difficulty breathing
- muscle aches
- sore throat
- runny nose
What does self-isolation mean?
Self-isolation means that you should only leave your home or see other people for essential reasons, such as a medical appointment that cannot be done over the phone. Where possible, you should try to get what you need:
- over the phone
- from friends, family or neighbours
How do I protect myself and others?
In an effort to control the spread of any illness and to reduce or prevent the risk of exposure to/or transmission of infections diseases, we ask that you adhere to the following recommendations:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water or alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Cough or sneeze into your sleeve
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth
- Stay home if you are sick
- Notify your doctor or call TeleHealth Ontario at 1-866-797-0000 if you are experiencing flu-like symptoms.