Privacy of Personal Health Information at Circle of Care
Circle of Care will collect your Personal Health Information during the assessment process to determine which services and supports will be most appropriate for you. Personal Health Information may include:
- Your name, address, and phone number
- Your physical and mental health
- Your personal health history
- Issues that you are experiencing
Your information will be shared with staff providing service, as well as other organizations involved in your care. This information cannot be used for any other purposes without your permission.
If you have agreed to share your Personal Health Information, it will be used to:
- Provide you with care and assistance based on your needs
- Make sure your service providers have the most up-to-date and complete record of your health history and needs
- Help us see where there might be gaps or overlaps so we can ensure you are getting the proper support and services
As a client, you have the right to:
- Have your personal health information kept confidential, unless legally mandated
- Access your personal health information
- Request a correction of incomplete or inaccurate information contained in your health record
- Share your information with your Care Team
Privacy and Security
Client privacy is a top priority at Circle of Care. We collect clients’ personal health information under the authority of the Personal Health Information Protection Act, 2004 (PHIPA). All Circle of Care staff and volunteers sign a confidentiality agreement and are educated on protecting client privacy and compliance with Ontario’s privacy legislation. In addition, strict security and audit controls are in place to ensure your information is viewed only when required.
If you would like to know more about how your personal health information is handled and shared please call 416-635-2860 and ask to speak to the Privacy Officer.
For more information about your privacy rights, or if you were unable to resolve a problem directly with our agency, contact the Privacy Commissioner of Ontario at 416-326-3333 or 1-800-387-0073.
For copies of client health records or questions relating to the release of records, please contact the Quality Team at: