We apologize that at this time we are unable to accept new clients into our Friendly Visiting program. Please check back in a few months to see whether the program has re-opened for new client registrations.
About Our Friendly Visiting Program
Volunteers and clients are carefully matched by common interests and language/culture. The special relationship that can develop between a client and a volunteer enables the client to have greater social interaction to maintain healthy, independent living.
- Seniors 55+ who are identified as being vulnerable, lonely and isolated
- Live alone in their own homes or apartments
- Have little to no family support
- Have physical impairments that prevent them from leaving their homes on their own
- Are able and willing to have a volunteer visit them
- Opportunity for meaningful connections with others
- Visits double as a safety check, providing peace of mind to clients and their families
- Helps combat the negative effects of social isolation
The service area for this program runs from Rutherford Rd to St Clair Ave, and from Jane St to the Don Valley Parkway.
What Our Clients Are Saying
“I’m so grateful for my weekly visits from my volunteer. I look forward to them all week long. Thank you for this amazing program!”