April 2022: Financial Resources & Tax Season Supports
Circle of Care welcomed guest speakers Gary Conway, MBA, and Amanda Hadida, M.S.W., R.S.W. They spoke about WoodGreen’s Financial Empowerment Program while also providing beneficial information on disability tax credit, caregiver-related tax credit and deductions, 2021 tax changes and updates, along with other resources.
Disclaimer: Please keep in mind that the information provided below is accurate as of April 2022, and will possibly change in the future.
January 2022: Ambiguous Grief & Loss
Circle of Care welcomed guest speaker Andrea Ubell from the Alzheimer’s Society of York Region to speak about the important topic of ambiguous loss and grief.
- PowerPoint Presentation
- Ambiguous Loss and Grief – Book Resources
- Ambiguous Loss and Grief for Individuals and Families (Alzheimer’s Society Booklet)
- Strategies for Living Positively with Ambiguous Loss and Grief
- Progressive Loss of Alzheimer’s Disease (A Tool for Families)
- MyGrief.ca: An online resource to help you understand grief and work through some of the difficult issues you may be facing. This site was developed by a team of grief experts and people who have experienced significant loss in their own lives, to help people like you.