About Our Phone Pals Programs
The COVID-19 pandemic has exacerbated the effects of isolation, causing many people including older adults to feel lonely. Through our Phone Pals program, our specially trained volunteers provide companionship and social contact to older adults through weekly phone calls.
Volunteers and clients are carefully matched by common interests and language/culture. The special relationship that can develop between a client and a volunteer enables the client to have greater social interaction to maintain healthy, independent living.
- Seniors 55+ who are identified as being vulnerable, lonely and isolated
- Live alone in their own homes or apartments
- Have little to no family support
- Have physical impairments that prevent them from leaving their homes on their own
- Are able and willing to have a volunteer call them
The service area runs from Major Mackenzie Rd W to St Clair Ave, and from Jane St to the Don Valley Parkway.
- Opportunity for meaningful connections with others
- Calls double as a safety check, providing peace of mind to clients and their families
- Helps combat the negative effects of social isolation
What Our Clients Are Saying
“My Phone Pal volunteer calls me 3 times each week. He is conscientious and has never once missed calling me! I’m grateful to Circle of Care for having this program. My Phone Pal has helped a great deal in alleviating the loneliness that I feel.”
Our Phone Pals program could not run without the dedication of our amazing volunteers. This is a terrific opportunity for volunteers who enjoy making connections with other people.