Our Meals on Wheels program is open to new clients!
Our program specialists will answer your questions and help you get started.
About Our Meals on Wheels Program
Circle of Care’s Meals on Wheels program is one of the largest meals on wheels programs in Canada, serving Toronto and the southern part of York Region for more than 50 years. Each year, we deliver more than 280,000 meals thanks to the help of over 140 friendly volunteers. We offer delicious and nutritionally balanced meals to meet the needs of our diverse clientele.
- Certified Kosher meals prepared by Baycrest Health Sciences and Sepha Foods. These meals are prepared in certified Kosher kitchens under the Kashruth Council of Canada (COR);
- Regular meals prepared by Aromas World Kitchen. While these meals are not kosher, they are “kosher-style” and do not include pork or shellfish, and do not contain both meat and milk together.
Purchase Meals on Wheels for a Loved One
Our Program Offers A Wide Selection Of Delicious, Easy To Heat Meals.
Our Meals on Wheels program serves a vulnerable population. To ensure the safety of our clients and our volunteers who deliver the meals, we have implemented the following procedures and safety measures:
We offer bulk deliveries of frozen meals (as well as Ensure meal replacements, sandwiches, and soup packs, if applicable) once per week to our clients.
Delivery times have been expanded to 10am to 4pm, Tuesday through Friday. Clients have been assigned a delivery day, and should stay home to receive their meals on their delivery day.
Our volunteers wear masks and gloves during deliveries, and stand back when dropping off meals at our clients’ doors.
Our Certified Kosher meal delivery area boundaries:
- North: Green Lane in Newmarket
- South: Lakeshore Blvd in Toronto
- West: Jane St. (south of Steeles to Bloor), Keele St. (north of Steeles)
- East: Don Mills Rd. (south of Steeles) and Bayview (north of Steeles).
To be eligible for the Meals on Wheels program, a client must meet all of the following conditions:
- Be 55 or older with nutritional concerns;
- Have a physical, emotional, cognitive, or developmental disability;
- Have difficulty shopping/cooking for themselves.
- Options for special dietary needs
- Affordable prices; subsidies are available (conditions apply)
- Flexible ordering
- Delivered by volunteers trained to identify health and safety concerns
What Our Clients Are Saying
“The meals that Circle of Care provides to me helps me stay healthy during the year, but especially in the winter months when I can’t go out and buy groceries. The staff provide excellent service and they show kindness and professionalism when they work with me. They’ve been very patient when they helped me change my selection of meals, and tailored the meals menu to make my meals more enjoyable. Thank you!”
Our Meals on Wheels program could not run without the dedication of our amazing volunteers. This is a terrific team-building opportunity for corporate groups, retirees, or anyone with a few hours to spare on weekday mornings.