Circle of Care’s Meals on Wheels program is one of the largest meals on wheels programs in Canada, serving Toronto and the southern part of York Region for more than 50 years. Each year, we deliver more than 200,000 meals thanks to the help of over 200 friendly volunteers. We offer delicious and nutritionally balanced meals to meet the needs of our diverse clientele.
- Certified Kosher meals prepared by Baycrest Health Sciences and Sepha Foods. These meals are prepared in certified Kosher kitchens under the Kashruth Council of Canada (COR);
- Regular meals prepared by Aromas World Kitchen. While these meals are not kosher, they are “kosher-style” and do not include pork or shellfish, and do not contain both meat and milk together.
Our Meals on Wheels program serves a vulnerable population. To ensure the safety of our clients and our volunteers who deliver the meals, we have implemented the following procedures and safety measures:
- We offer bulk deliveries of frozen meals (and soup packets, if applicable) once per week to our clients. We apologize for the inconvenience but we are not offering complete meals at this time.
- Delivery times have been expanded to 10am to 4pm, Tuesday through Friday. Clients have been assigned a delivery day, and should stay home to receive their meals on their delivery day.
- Our volunteers wear masks and gloves during deliveries, and stand back when dropping off meals at our clients’ doors.