We provide caring and practical support to individuals and their families so that they do not have to be alone when addressing challenges related to aging. When complex situations arise, we can provide options to help make the right decision.
Our Social Workers offer emotional support and guidance to individuals dealing with grief, facing abuse or feeling depressed. We are also there to guide family caregivers through the challenges of caring for their loved one.
Threatening life changes and life-altering circumstances, such as the death of a loved one, abuse, or financial insecurity can be overwhelming. If you or someone you care about needs immediate help, we can be there for you.
Crisis intervention and prevention
Our social workers will help to intervene in crisis situations and help navigate clients through challenging situations.
Short-term, goal-oriented client intervention & case management
We help our clients through a variety of needs, including:
- the initial and continuing assessment of in-home needs
- providing support for caregivers
- helping clients to navigate the healthcare system and obtain services
- support accessing about government services, such as drug benefit programs, income support and legal aid
- advocating on behalf of clients, as appropriate
- providing links to community resources
- Individual counselling
- Bereavement counselling
- Caregiver counselling