We offer FREE short-term virtual and in-home counselling services.
Our program specialists will answer your questions and help you get started.
About Client & Family Counselling
We provide FREE short-term practical support to individuals and their families so that they do not have to be alone when addressing challenges related to aging. When complex situations arise, we can provide options to help make the right decision.
Threatening life changes and life-altering circumstances, such as the death of a loved one, abuse, or financial insecurity can be overwhelming. Our Social Workers offer emotional support, and we are also there to guide family caregivers through the challenges of caring for their loved one.
If you or someone you care about needs immediate help, we can be there for you.
Free Services (Offered Online/by Phone/In-Person)
Crisis intervention and prevention
Our social workers will help to intervene in crisis situations and help navigate clients through challenging circumstances
Short-term, goal-oriented client intervention & case management
We help our clients through a variety of needs, including:
- the initial and continuing assessment of in-home needs
- providing support for caregivers
- helping clients to navigate the healthcare system and obtain services
- support accessing government services, such as drug benefit programs, income support, legal aid, and others
- advocating on behalf of clients, as appropriate
- providing links to community resources
- Individual counselling
- Bereavement counselling
- Caregiver counselling
Services that are not provided
We do not provide urgent crisis intervention (i.e., medical crisis, metal health crisis, homelessness crisis) and are not able to offer long-term support to individuals suffering from severe mental illness.
Our service area runs from Major Mackenzie Dr. W. to St. Clair Ave., and from Jane St. to the Don Valley Parkway.
To be eligible to receive social work services at Circle of Care, you must be either 55+ or a caregiver of someone 55+, and live within our service area.
We offer social work services in the following languages:
- Caring and practical support to individuals and their families
- Help navigating through challenging situations
- Counselling for a variety of needs including bereavement, caregiver support, and coping with life changes
What Our Clients Are Saying
“Your social work team is amazing! They have helped me so much. Circle of Care provided me with counselling and support during a very difficult time in my life and did an exceptional job.”