Our Exercise & Falls Prevention team has gathered together the following resources to assist seniors with preventing falls.
- Check Your Falls Risk (Regional Geriatric Program of Eastern Ontario)
Exercise & Physical Activity
- Virtual Exercise Classes for Seniors (Circle of Care)
- Challenge Yourself to Move – Chart (Brain Institute)
- Shoe Safety: Rate My Treads (University Health Network – UHN)
Nutrition is an important area to consider when aiming to prevent falls. A poor diet can play a significant role in raising the risk of falling. The pandemic has made it more challenging for many seniors to get the food they need. Learn more below:
- COVID-19 and Nutrition (Canadian Nutrition Society)
- The Hidden Impact of a Poor Diet (Canadian Nutrition Society)
It’s important to keep your eyes healthy, as vision plays a large role in your ability to balance.
- Seniors with Low Vision Twice as Likely to Fall (Ontario Association of Optometrists)
Games & Activities for Education
How to Help Someone Get Up from a Fall
- How to Safety Help Someone Up (My Health Alberta)