We are offering rides to seniors who need assistance getting to and from their vaccination appointments. If you would like to book a ride to a vaccine clinic, please fill out our Ride Request form below.
Please note that iRIDE has limited capacity. Rides are only for those who have absolutely no other way of getting to their appointment. Prioritization will be for seniors, adults with disabilities and people who are immunocompromised, and trips will be scheduled on a first come first served basis.
We require 72 hours notice prior to a trip, and return trips will be scheduled for one hour after the appointment time. Clients can bring their walker but need to be able to enter and exit the vehicle with minimal assistance.
Our Pandemic Safety Measures
To keep our clients safe, we have introduced the following health and safety measures:
- Vehicles are sanitized and cleaned after each ride
- We only transport one client at a time (one caregiver is permitted) to allow for physical distancing measures to remain in place
- iRIDE drivers wear masks and gloves during their shifts
- All clients/caregivers entering the vehicle must first clean their hands with the sanitizer provided by the driver
- We encourage all our clients/caregivers to wear a mask during the duration of their ride
Our transportation service area spans from John Street in the north to St Clair Ave W. in the south, and from Dufferin St. in the west to the Don Valley Parkway on the east. Service also extends to downtown Toronto hospitals.
Our hours of service are Monday to Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.