Many seniors feel isolated and lonely. We have a range of programs that make it easy for people to connect with others.
Let’s Get Together Group
Once a month, participants can socialize, learn and dine with other seniors over lunch. For a minimal fee, this program is available at various locations in Toronto. It provides:
- A nutritious meal (special dietary menus available)
- Opportunities to meet and mingle with others
- Learning and entertainment
- 2-way transportation
- A group for Russian-speaking seniors
Volunteer Visiting and Phone Pals
Companionship and social contact are provided to isolated seniors through friendly phone calls or weekly visits. Volunteers are carefully matched to seniors by interests, language or culture.
- Volunteer visiting: Weekly 1- to 2-hour visits
- Phone Pals: Weekly telephone calls
Day Centre for Seniors
Our Day Centre is a meeting place for aging adults with dementias like Alzheimer’s disease. The Day Centre is located at Steeles Avenue and Dufferin Street, and runs Monday to Friday, 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. The Day Centre is a safe and professionally supervised environment. For more information, click here.